Friday 29 June 2012

All Washed Up

Hi!

Today I was feeling the need to get to grips with my sewing machine.
Its a gagillion years old and the only manual I found was online and not as clear as I might like! Anyway, I thought I would try something simple to get to grips with controlling the sewing machine and trying to sew in a straight line. I had some oilcloth left over from the picnic basket (details to follow!) and a random zip lying around so decided on a wash bag.

I cut out two rectangles of oilcloth that were slightly longer than the zip and a smaller rectangle to make the base of the bag that little bit bigger.

After a bit of trial and error (and a harsh exchange with the sewing machine) I finished it!


Im really pleased with it and think the size is going to be brilliant for keeping all my wash things in for weekends away, camping and general wash bag type things!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

xXx

I have linked to Handmade Harbour, Sew Can Do and Making The World Cuter

No comments:

Post a Comment