Sunday 8 July 2012

French Toast

Hey!

The Boyfriend was away this week cycling to and then around France (sooo not my thing!). When he came back and told me about all the pastries and French things he had eaten  I thought maybe I should ease him back into English food and make him some French toast. The recipes online looked super easy and then I hit the jackpot.
Nutella Filled French Toast. 
Oh yes.
It looked easy and delicious so decided to give the above recipe a go:

Ingredients for the French Toast mixture: 1 egg, 1 cup of milk, 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1 teaspoon of butter.
The main ingredient!
Smother the bread in nutella and sandwich together.
Mix the egg, vanilla, and milk.
Melt the butter in a frying pan.
Dip both sides of the sandwich in the eggy, milky mixure and put in the pan.
Flip after 1-2 minutes.
After another 1-2 minutes take the toast out of the pan, cut in half, sprinkle with icing sugar and enjoy!!
It was very well received with The Boyfriend asking for a second serving and declaring this my breakfast speciality! 
I think next time I would serve with either bananas or strawberries to give it a little something else.

Do you have a breakfast speciality?

Hope you're having a fab weekend!

xXx

No comments:

Post a Comment