Tuesday 19 November 2013

Baking Brownies.

The boy has been on a clean eating, bootcamp attending madness spree for the last 4 weeks and so to celebrate the end of the madness he went and ate all the meat with his dad and asked if I would bake him some brownies.
I got given a Hummingbird Bakery cookbook last Christmas and knew they had a yummy brownie recipe.
I got to work.
You can find the recipe here.

I got all the ingredients together including some yummy dark chocolate:




 I then had to heat up  some water in a saucepan and put a bowl on top. From GBBO I believe this to be a Ban Marie.

I popped the chocolate and butter in and stired it until it was lovely and smooth.

 Once it was all looking and smelling lovely the sugar and flour are mixed in.
 
Then the eggs. It looks less lovely at this point.



Pop it in the baking tray and bake for 30 mins. I also grated in some Dairy Milk for extra yum.

 Warning: You take this out of the oven and it will smell so good you will want to dig right in. But its very hot. So don't.

This bit is optional. I made a little heart stencil and put icing sugar in it. How cute?

Safe to say he very much enjoyed them!!
Hope you had a great weekend!!

See you soon,

Chloe

P.S You'll notice the little bit taken out of the corner. That may of been me.

8 comments:

  1. I love brownies ! The GBBO has inspired me to bake, I baked my first cake last month and then (if I don't mind saying so myself) nailed a lemon drizzle cake :-p truth be told it was a little dry, but in my eyes it was award winning !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never made a good lemon cake so you've done well there.
      Mine never bake through which is weird!
      If you are looking for the next step I would try brownies. Not too tricky but delicious!
      :)

      Delete
  2. I love brownies! This recipe looks so quick, simple and easy!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Laura xox
    http://www.lthornberry.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its as delicious as it is easy (very!)
      Let me know if you give it a go!
      x

      Delete
  3. Love the little heart. What a nice finishing touch :)
    Adela x

    misspinkstyle.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet blog :) The brownie looks deliciousssss, just seeing the chocolate in the bowl ready for melting makes me happy :)

    Tigerlily's Beauty Blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) It took all of my willpower to not eat all the melted chocolate - it smelled amazing!
      x

      Delete