Sunday 24 November 2013

Review: Collection Lasting Gel Colour

I don't know about you but when it gets to the colder months I really get into nail varnish. Certainly more so than in the summer.
I was in Superdrug the other day and saw these new Lasting Gel Colours from Collection. I haven't tried Collection nail varnishes before and thought I would give them a try.
So I bought 3.
Thats normal right?

 From left to right the colours are Vixen Red, Pearl Shimmer & Red Hot.

I had quite high hopes for this as when I got to the counter the shop assistant raved about how great these were meant to be.

I must say I am pretty impressed. The formula is pretty thick and you could really get away with one coat (though I like 2 coats). It is super shiny much like a gel manicure which does last a while.
The brush is really wide so you just need one swipe to coat your whole nail which I love as I am a messy nail painter!


The only negative really is that it chips pretty easily. I don't know whether its because I didnt put a base coat on or what but the day after I painted them I noticed a chip or two which is a bit disappointing. This was the same with the pearl colour and the dark red but I haven't tried the bright red yet. I assume it will be the same.

Overall I think these are good little nail varnishes for someone wanting quick and easy shiny nails but if you are looking for staying power I'd look elsewhere.

Whats your favourite nail varnish brand?

See you soon,

Chloe


2 comments:

  1. Great post! I've tried a couple of these myself and I 100% agree with you!

    http://b3autyjournal.blogspot.co.uk/
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad someone agrees! If it wasn't for the chipping it'd be perfect!
      X

      Delete